PRO SOCCER NEWS AND RESOURCES FROM FLORIDA AND BEYOND
- Nashville SC to Face Inter Miami CF in Concacaf Champions Cup Round of 16 After 4-0 Win Over Moca FCNASHVILLE, Tenn. – Nashville SC clinched its Concacaf Champions Cup (CCC) Round One series Wednesday night after defeating Dominican side Moca FC 4-0… – MLS Nashville SC
- The time is coming! Starting on March 7, Inter Miami CF is set to begin its participation for the first time ever in the Concacaf Champions Cup, the r… – MLS Inter Miami CF
- FC Cincinnati defeated Cavalier FC in the return leg of the 2024 Concacaf Champions Cup, 4-0 Wednesday night at TQL Stadium, earning an aggregate 6-0 … – MLS FC Cincinnati
- FC Cincinnati Punch Their Ticket to Concacaf Champions Cup Round of 16 with Decisive 4-0 Victory over Cavalier FCFC Cincinnati secured their pathway to the Round of 16 of the Concacaf Champions Cup, scoring four times to triple their aggregate lead while not conc… – MLS FC Cincinnati
- Miami Sharks Rugby Club Kick off Inaugural Match at the Inter Miami CF Sports Field on Sunday, March 3Inter Miami CF is preparing to welcome Major League Rugby here in South Florida with Miami Sharks Rugby Club kicking off their 2024 inaugural season a… – MLS Inter Miami CF
- PORTLAND, Ore. – The Portland Timbers have terminated the club's corporate partnership with DaBella, effective immediately, after learning yesterday o… – MLS Portland Timbers
- Dean Smith Joins CBS Golazo Morning Show to Discuss Charlotte FC's Opener, the Season Ahead, and Josh SargentCharlotte FC Head Coach Dean Smith featured on the CBS Golazo Morning Show to discuss Charlotte FC's opener, the season ahead, and an extra bit on USM… – MLS Charlotte FC
- Revolution Look to Advance in Concacaf Champions Cup against CA Independiente in First Home Match of 2024FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Revolution will take the field at Gillette Stadium for the first time this year, looking to advance in the 2024 Co… – MLS New England Revolution
- NEW YORK – The MLS Disciplinary Committee has fined New England Revolution forward Giacomo Vrioni an undisclosed amount for failing to leave the field… – MLS
- VANCOUVER, BC – Vancouver Whitecaps FC and BC Soccer announced a renewed partnership on Wednesday, solidifying a mutual commitment to advancing soccer… – MLS Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sporting Kansas City announced today that Iowa State University wide receiver Jaylin Noel has joined the club's Sporting U NIL Program under a new Nam… – MLS Sporting Kansas City
- GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. – Minnesota United today announced the full list of the club's new partners for the 2024 season.The club recently announced N… – MLS Minnesota United FC
- VANCOUVER, BC – Vancouver Whitecaps FC kick off their 50th anniversary season at home this Saturday, with a special match day experience, presented by… – MLS Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Inter Miami CF theme nights are back in action! This Saturday, March 2, fans will be bracing themselves for an epic showdown against rivals, Orlando C… – MLS Inter Miami CF
- MONTREAL – CF Montréal announced on Wednesday a partnership with Bombardier, Quebec's flagship aerospace company, recognized worldwide for its bu… – MLS Club de Foot Montreal
- Argentina: Prim B MetroDeportivo Laferrere 0 – 2 LiniersAtlanta 0 – 2 AldosiviArmenia: Premier LeagueWest Armenia 1 – 1 Ararat-ArmeniaVan 0 – 2 AraratAzerbaijan: Premyer LiqaQəbələ 0 – 4 QarabagBelgium: CupUnion Saint-Gilloise 2 – 0 Club BruggeBolivia: LFPBSan Antonio Bulo Bulo 5 – 1 The StrongestIndependiente 1 – 1 Nacional PotosíBrazil: Copa do BrasilPetrolina 3 – 2 CascavelOlaria 0 – 1 São BernardoMaranhão 1 – 2 FerroviárioGAS 0 – 1 BrusqueMaringá 2 – 0 América MineiroVilla Nova 1 – 0 AparecidensePortuguesa Santista 0 – 1 Caxias do SulMurici 2 – 1 ConfiançaMarcílio Dias 1 – 3 Vasco da GamaÁgua Santa […]
- Angola: GirabolaPetro de Luanda 4 – 0 Bravos do MaquisArgentina: Copa ArgentinaSarmiento 1 – 1 TemperleyLos Andes 2 – 2 Deportivo ArmenioSacachispas 2 – 2 Sportivo ItalianoSan Martín Burzaco 1 – 0 Dock SudVélez Sarsfield 2 – 2 TigreCentral Córdoba SdE 0 – 0 Atlético TucumánArmenia: Premier LeagueUrartu 1 – 1 PyunikBKMA 0 – 6 AlashkertBolivia: LFPBReal Tomayapo 0 – 2 Royal PariBrazil: Copa do BrasilAthletic Club MG 1 – 0 Volta RedondaIguatu 0 – 0 JuventudeBulgaria: CupBotev Plovdiv 2 – 1 Spartak VarnaCameroon: Elite ONEVictoria United 1 – 1 Young Sport AcademyColombia: Primera ADeportivo Cali 1 – 2 Deportes […]
- Albania: SuperligaTirana 1 – 1 LaçiArgentina: Prim B MetroVilla Dálmine 0 – 3 FénixSan Miguel 1 – 0 San Martín TucumánQuilmes 1 – 0 Chacarita JuniorsArgentinos Juniors 3 – 1 PlatenseDefensa y Justicia 1 – 1 Deportivo RiestraLanús 1 – 1 BanfieldInstituto 0 – 2 Godoy CruzArmenia: Premier LeagueNoah 1 – 0 ShirakAustralia: Victoria NPLSouth Melbourne 1 – 0 Hume CityBosnia Herzegovina: Premier LigaSiroki Brijeg 2 – 0 ŽeljezničarBulgaria: First LeagueBeroe 0 – 2 LudogoretsCSKA 1948 Sofia II 1 – 1 Dobrudzha 1919Cameroon: Elite ONECotonsport 3 – 1 Fovu ClubColombia: Primera ADeportivo Pereira 3 – 3 JuniorBoyacá Chicó 1 – […]
- Portland Timbers end kit sponsorship with DaBella due to sexual harassment allegations surrounding companyThe Portland Timbers have terminated their corporate sponsorship with DaBella Exteriors, a home improvement services company specializing in roofing and siding, that was the club’s new front-of-shirt sponsor. The announcement came Wednesday on the heels of a report by The Oregonian detailing that the chief executive of DaBella, Donnie McMillan Jr.,is facing a lawsuit that could uncover complaints that he sexually harassed at least three female employees. The lawsuit against DaBella, a company founded in the Portland area, and McMillan Jr., was made public on Feb. 23. The Timbers learned of…
- Major League Soccer could be headed toward another weekend of games with replacement referees after representatives from the Professional Soccer Referees Association (PSRA) and the Professional Referee Organization (PRO) met in New York City on Wednesday and failed to reach an agreement in an ongoing labor dispute, according to sources briefed on the talks and documentation reviewed by The Athletic. The development comes just days ahead of the second week of the MLS season, which starts on Saturday afternoon. PRO’s team of replacement referees, which includes college and youth referees and a…
- The United States men’s national team announced on Tuesday night that it will play a friendly against Brazil before their Copa America campaign later this year. The friendly will take place on June 12 at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida. Just announced on TNT: @USMNT to face world power Brazil, Wednesday, June 12, in the second edition of the Allstate Continental Clásico. Coverage from Orlando via TNT and @SportsonMax to kick off at 6:30 pm ET. pic.twitter.com/ZP121Q8tC0 — TNT Sports U.S. PR (@TNTSportsUS) February 28, 2024 The game against the five-time World Cup winners…
- The sporting and competition committee meeting included 13 owners from around the league, plus MLS executives
- An uproar over soccer history and a labor dispute make Messi MLS's ultimate security blanket…for now.
- USL side Birmingham Legion is set to sign U.S. youth national team defender Ramiz Hamouda, according to multiple sources briefed on the deal. Hamouda, 15, had plenty of interest within MLS, as well, but will get his professional career started in the USL. The Sporting Kansas City academy product was not offered a homegrown deal, but the New York Red Bulls offered to trade for his homegrown rights. That deal ultimately did not come off. Other teams including the Philadelphia Union and Columbus Crew were interested, the sources said. Hamouda, a left-footed center back, went on trial with the…
- Manchester United assistant coach Eric Ramsay has been announced as the new head coach of Minnesota United. The Athletic broke the news last week that the 32-year-old had agreed a deal to become the MLS club’s new head coach. The Premier League side have now confirmed that Ramsay will leave the club after Manchester United’s Premier League game against Manchester City on March 3. Ramsay told his new club’s website: “I’m incredibly excited to be joining a club with such a strong football culture, a fanatic fan base and a brilliant infrastructure. I’ve spoken to a…
- Neville says he felt at home with Portland from his very first conversation with the club
- Messi scores late equalizer, Sergio Busquets and replacement referee struggle: LA Galaxy 1, Inter Miami 1The LA Galaxy were in control of the game for long stretches of Sunday night visit from Inter Miami, but a late sending off and a later goal from Lionel Messi resulted in a 1-1 draw. Miami’s depth in midfield was once again a concern, but all it took was a little bit of magic between Messi and Jordi Alba to rescue a result and avoid Miami’s first loss of the young season. Messi 🔗 Alba WHAT A GOAL! pic.twitter.com/LuYpsiAb2X — Major League Soccer (@MLS) February 26, 2024 And that’s why Inter Miami is considered one of the favorites in […]
- Even with Messi and other aging former Barcelona stars joining the ranks, MLS is getting younger
- A ruling by a European court has given some MLS owners revived hopes of leaving the U.S. Open Cup
- Federico is a different player to his father, Argentina legend Fernando, but they share some similarities on the pitch
- The Athletic has obtained the list of referee assignments for this weekend’s Major League Soccer games, which includes officials with widely varying degrees of experience. While some have been involved extensively in matches in the second and third divisions of the U.S. Soccer pyramid, others are making the leap from the uppermost levels of youth soccer. Some of the assistant referees have largely worked college games. MLS has been forced to play games with replacement officials after the Professional Referees Organization (PRO) could not come to terms with the Professional Soccer…
- The new looks across MLS this season conjure up everything from the streets to the stars
- The World Cup-winning goalkeeper discusses a difficult last few months at Spurs, the club's lack of trophies, and his move to MLS with LAFC
- Manchester United assistant Eric Ramsay has agreed a deal to become the new head coach of Minnesota United, sources briefed on the deal tell The Athletic. Ramsay is expected to depart his role at United for Minnesota after the Premier League side’s fixture against rivals Manchester City on March 3. The Athletic reported on Monday that Minnesota was closing in on naming Ramsay their head coach, and though it has not been finalised yet, the deal is nearing completion. Minnesota kick off their 2024 MLS season on Saturday against Austin FC. They face reigning champions Columbus Crew on March…
- The designated players arriving in time for match week one and those who may not
- Argentina will play two friendlies in the United States in March after their planned games in China were cancelled due to Lionel Messi’s absence in Hong Kong. The 2022 World Cup winners will play El Salvador at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia on March 22, before facing Nigeria at the LA Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles on March 26. El Salvador replace the Ivory Coast, who Argentina was originally scheduled to play in one of the two friendlies. The two friendlies against Nigeria and Ivory Coast in China were cancelled this month after Messi failed to appear in an Inter […]
- Inter Miami put their disappointing preseason tour of Asia behind them with a 2-0 win over Real Salt Lake in their MLS regular-season opener Wednesday. Lionel Messi and Luis Suárez each provided an assist on the night. Suárez hobbled and battled for 90 minutes in his MLS debut. All eyes will be on Inter Miami this season with MLS Cup or bust expectations the only measure of success for the Fort Lauderdale-based club. With Messi now fully fit after an adductor injury limited his preseason action, Inter Miami was the aggressor in the first half. They dominated possession as a […]
- Garber took aim at the PSRA and criticism of MLS' attempt to limit its first-team involvement in the Open Cup
- A four-year doping ban could end the career Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, who turns 31 next month.
- Alexi Lalas and David Mosse discussed USWNT historic loss to CONCACAF rival Mexico. The guys break down the game and gave their insight into why this loss was troubling on many levels.
- Forster Ajago converted on a GORGEOUS cross to help Nashville SC grab a 2-0 lead over Moca FC
- McKinze Gaines' BEAUTIFUL finish helped Nashville SC strike first vs. Moca FC
- Before the USMNT turns its full attention to this summer's Copa América, the U.S. will try for a third consecutive Concacaf Nations League title next month. Who will make coach Gregg Berhalter's roster? These are our best educated guesses.
- After failing to qualify for last year's World Cup and the 2024 Olympics, Mexico's women's soccer team is finally trending in the right direction.
- Ballon d'Or winner Aitana Bonmati and Mariona Caldentey scored a goal each for Spain in front of a record crowd at La Cartuja Stadium in southern Spain.
- The Chiefs are planning an $800 million renovation to Arrowhead Stadium that would begin after the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
- Several Saudi Pro League teams are expected to make a run at some of the top Premier League stars this offseason, including Mo Salah and Kevin de Bruyne.
- The eight-time Ballon d'Or winner and Inter Miami remain favorites to win the MLS Cup. FOX Sports soccer writer Doug McIntyre offers his insights.
- Houston Dynamo FC and St. Louis City SC squared off in the second leg of the first round of the CONCACAF Champions Cup. Check out the top moments and highlights here!
- Erik Sviatchenko found the net to give Houston Dynamo FC a lead vs. saint Louis City SC.
- Philadelphia Union and Deporivo Saprissa squared off in the second leg of the first round of the CONCACAF Champions Cup. Check out the top moments and highlights here!
- Jack Elliott's timely goal helped the Philadelphia Union tie the game vs. Deportivo Saprissa.
- Mariano Torres scores an OUTRAGEOUS free kick to give Deportivo Saprissa a 3-2 lead over Philadelphia UnionMariano Torres scored an OUTRAGEOUS free kick to give Deportivo Saprissa a 3-2 lead over Philadelphia Union.
- Philadelphia Union's Quinn Sullivan goal extended the lead against Deportivo Saprissa to 2-1.
- Julian Carranza's header from Quinn Sullivan's cross leveled the score to 1-1 for the Philadelphia Union against Deportivo Saprissa.
- Orlando City SC and Cavalry FC squared off in the second leg of the first round of the CONCACAF Champions Cup. Check out the top moments and highlights here!
- The USWNT fought for years to raise the level of women’s soccer across the globe, but that doesn’t make its inevitable losses any easier.
- Ramiro Enrique scored a wild goal to give Orlando City SC the lead over Cavalry FC.
“Rising Above: CF Montréal’s Journey to Glory”
In the heart of Montreal, a city steeped in rich history and cultural diversity, a new soccer story was about to be written. The year was 2010, and the passionate soccer fans of Montreal had reason to rejoice as they welcomed their very own professional MLS team, Club de Foot Montréal, fondly known as CF Montréal.
The inception of CF Montréal was a dream come true for soccer enthusiasts like Gabrielle, a young Montrealer who had always dreamed of seeing her city represented in the MLS. From her childhood, Gabrielle had spent countless hours on local soccer fields, honing her skills and aspiring to be part of something bigger.
As the team’s crest was unveiled, featuring the iconic fleur-de-lis symbol alongside the team’s initials, Gabrielle felt a surge of pride. The crest symbolized not only the team’s connection to Montreal but also its commitment to embody the city’s spirit and culture.
CF Montréal’s first season in the MLS was met with a wave of enthusiasm and anticipation. Led by a visionary coach, Carlos, and guided by the experienced captain, Maxime, the team was a blend of international talent and local stars like Gabrielle, who had earned her spot through sheer determination and skill.
The city embraced CF Montréal with open arms, and the stadium reverberated with cheers of “Allez Montréal!” (“Go Montreal!”) during every home match. The fervor of the fans was infectious, inspiring the players to give their all on the pitch.
As the season progressed, CF Montréal faced its share of challenges. They experienced moments of triumph and adversity, but through it all, the team’s spirit remained unbreakable. Gabrielle, a rising star in the squad, showcased her flair on the field and quickly became a fan favorite.
One fateful evening, with the season reaching its climax, CF Montréal found themselves in a crucial match that could secure them a spot in the playoffs. The stadium was packed to capacity, and the atmosphere was electric with anticipation.
The game was a rollercoaster of emotions, with both teams giving their all. With the score tied in the dying minutes, Gabrielle seized the opportunity and scored a spectacular goal, sending the crowd into a frenzy. CF Montréal emerged victorious, securing their place in the playoffs for the first time in their history.
The city erupted in celebration as the team’s achievements reverberated far beyond the confines of the stadium. CF Montréal’s success was more than just a sports triumph; it became a source of pride and unity for the entire city.
As the playoffs unfolded, CF Montréal’s journey captured the imagination of soccer enthusiasts across the country and beyond. The team’s blend of local talent, international stars, and their unwavering connection to Montreal resonated with fans worldwide.
In the midst of their playoff run, CF Montréal launched various community initiatives. They organized soccer clinics for local youth, worked closely with schools to promote the importance of sports and education, and supported charitable causes that made a positive impact on Montreal’s neighborhoods.
As the MLS Cup final approached, CF Montréal found themselves facing formidable opponents. The match was intense, and the stakes were high, but the team’s resilience and unity shone through. In a dramatic finish, CF Montréal secured their first-ever MLS Cup, etching their names in soccer history and forever becoming a symbol of Montreal’s soccer greatness.
The streets of Montreal were filled with jubilant celebrations as the team returned home with the trophy. Gabrielle and her teammates were hailed as heroes, having achieved the unimaginable and united an entire city through the power of soccer.
And so, CF Montréal’s journey to glory continues, with each season bringing new challenges and triumphs. They have become more than just a soccer team; they are a representation of Montreal’s spirit, a testament to the unyielding determination of its people, and an inspiration to generations of soccer fans who dream of representing their city on the grand stage.